Friday, August 19, 2011

Learning Humility


The idea Monette had for doing our wedding came up before we got engaged. While we were dating her friend and Monette were talking about this idea and brought it to my attention. I am not going to lie I was not excited about the idea at first because I knew I loved her but I was not sure getting married based on a date that coincides with the number of times she has been married was something that I would like. Monette may not agree with me on this; however, she has been the hardest person I have ever met to make happy, and that’s not even her fault. You see I am going to disclose a little secret right now; I have never met someone that their opinion mattered so much to me. I have been known to be stubborn and arrogant thinking that as long as it makes sense and seems like the right thing to do to me that the choice I made was the best course of action. Monette being happy, even though I am not always a success has been increasingly more of a priority to me. I know that I can’t personally make her happy but I know that I can influence it to a certain extent by being a better person. So since being with Monette it’s been like my daily goal to be better so her and the 2 boys (Bryson, Michael.) Some days I have had the humiliation of failing before we even get out of bed in the morning, but that just means I get to spend the day making up for my inadequacies. It’s been really hard trying to keep up with someone that I view as perfect but on the days I do it right it’s worth it.

If someone has some tips on how I can do things that work well because I am kind of clueless on the romance, and thoughtfulness department especially when it comes to being original. That would be great, at least for the purpose of ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment